Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Damn It! Occupy Des Moines Makes CNN and I had NOTHING to do with it!

Crappity Crackers!  I haven't missed many General Assembly meetings (every night at 6 PM for anyone who has yet to join us) since the beginning of the Occupy Des Moines movement began.  However, YESTERDAY I took the kids trick-or-treating at Merle Hay Mall instead of fulfilling my moral obligation by putting my two cents in the the meeting.  CRAP!  Of all the GAs to miss!  That's what I get for whoring myself out for candy!  Grrrr!!! What a shocker it was to learn from CNN and the Des Moines Register that Occupy Des Moines will be making a presence/sit-in at the Iowa caucuses from December to January!  Holy moly crap-a-noly!  That'll teach me to take those kids to their events instead of going to the General Assembly!

So CNN was at the encampment yesterday and though the planning is still REALLY, REALLY, REALLY early in the process, apparently we are going to make some kind of a presence at the Iowa Caucuses.  Just for the record ...
LOVE IT!

Seriously, I absolutely love the concept of making a presence during the Iowa Caucuses.  There are only a teeny tiny few things for which the state of Iowa is known; graft in the State Film Commission, Corn Flakes, Ethanol Subsidies and THE IOWA CAUCUSES.  Of Course we should have some kind of presence, taking politicians to task about their allegiance with big monied interests during our moment in the spotlight.  Hell, the only thing that SERIOUSLY disappoints me with this plan is that I DIDN'T THINK OF IT!  DAMN IT!  

So I don't yet know what the activities will entail and I don't know yet how involved I will be in said actions surrounding the Iowa Caucuses, but all will be revealed and hashed out tomorrow after the GA at an 8:00 PM committee meeting for all interested in participating in this fun-filled event (hint, hint to all you by-standers).  Let me tell you, that is ONE committee meeting I WON'T miss!  

FINALLY, Heaven has her court appearance in juvenile court tomorrow morning at 10 AM.  This is our first rodeo with the Juvenile system so we are really going in not knowing AT ALL what to expect.  Our fantastic pro-bono attorney from the Drake Law Center has given us some (presumably) fantastic advice and a heads up about what will happen tomorrow.  I hope for a relatively decent presence from the fine folks with the occupation tomorrow morning.  Though, I am not sure how the Juvenile Court System folks will feel about our Motley Crew showing up in force.  It will certainly be a sight and an experience worth documenting on this humble, humble blog.  

So much to talk about in the weeks to come.  I am excited about the direction this movement seems to be taking and the folks who share this passion are fantastic, stand up folks!  I mean it, they really are awesome!  If you have yet to do so, JOIN US!   



No comments:

Post a Comment