Saturday, November 5, 2011

First in the Nation Caucus Occuption BayBay!

Have you ever been so tired that you feel like you're walking around in a daze/dream-like state?  That's been me for the past three days.  As stated in a previous blog, protesting, while keeping on with your regular, already demanding schedule is absolutely exhausting.  I am now convinced that Elizabeth Cady Stanton was secretly the inventor of espresso.  Seriously, how do these trail blazers stay awake?  I don't think I've ever looked forward to the end of daylight savings time so much in my life.  Do you imagine my babies will honor the extra hour of sleep promised by this odd tradition?  Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too ...

Anyway, Heaven had her court date on November 2nd and it was a HUGE VICTORY!  She gave a fantastic presentation to the mediator regarding how she came to be in the situation in which she was arrested for protesting.  To make a long story super-duper short, the charges were dropped.  They decided not to pursue a case against the high reaching teenage honor student for exercising her first amendment right to free speech.  Imagine that.  

Planning for the First in the Nation Caucus Occupation is coming along beautifully.  As I write this blog, I am technically supposed to be at another meeting to help hammer out the many, many details of the upcoming occupation - but if you skipped the first paragraph, now is a good time to review why I am not currently there, and instead chose to chillax for the evening.  

Anyway, we have a tentative schedule mapped out for the Occupation.  I will put it below so you can start planning ahead.  We have broken into interest groups to assist with the aspects of the planning that interest each person.  I have found myself on the Kick Off Event Committee and helping find Super Sexy Speakers for said event.  God help them, they know not what they have put me in charge of!  We shall see what we can come up with on this one - I'm hoping for awesome, cool Super Sexy Speakers.  FINGERS CROSSED!

So, SAVE THESE DATES:
Tentative schedule for the First in the Nation Caucus Occupation:

Monday, December 26, 2011 - Travel Day - Oh Come Ye, DESCEND ON DES MOINES, IOWA!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - KICK OFF EVENT.  Occupation Caucus, let your voice be heard - vote for the who, where and when for our peaceful, non-violent protests - just like the regular Caucuses, only more exciting!


Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, December 28 - 30, 2011 - Days of Direct Action.  Join us for protests of candidate's offices and functions. Be heard, be seen, be a presence!  


Saturday, Sunday and Monday, December 31, 2011 - January 2, 2012 - MORE ACTIONS, TBA!


Tuesday, January 3, 2012 - Iowa Caucuses.  Action(s) to be determined.  


Everyone is encouraged to attend, participate and invite everyone you know!  This is a really big, hairy, exciting deal!  It's finally good to be an Iowan!  Yay Corn!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment