Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paris Hilton Joins the Occupy Des Moines Movement ...


So in case you don't know, NOT ALL OCCUPIERS ARE UNEMPLOYED.  Underemployed, CERTAINLY.  Laid off, ABSOLUTELY.  Looking for work because they are over-educated in an under-educated work environment - MOST DEFINITELY!  However, I am none of the above.  I am SELF-EMPLOYED.  Sure, I don't make a great deal of moolah, but I am fortunate that I have a creative outlet so that I don't have to kill chipmunks as sacrifice to the Crazy Gods in the front yard.  

I am - of all things - a Talent Agent!  I know, RIGHT?  How Odd!?  In Des Moines, Iowa? WTF?  It's an interesting story indeed, and one I am not going to entirely share right here, right now.  However, I can assure you, my diligent reader, that it can indeed be time consuming - which can explain away my blogging absence.  
So it's been a while since I last blogged.  Certainly, this lack of blog presence has not been from lack of interest.  Instead, it has been from lack of energy.  Do you ever feel yourself overwhelmed by work, the kids, cleaning the house, washing the nasty car, keeping up with the latest and greatest AND maintaining your presence in a protest and blog about said protest?  Well, that was me for a solid week and a half - for sure!  THANK DOG for Vivarin and Coffee - not to mention the much needed ADD meds prescribed by my much loved V.A. doctor!  

So I am back, and just as fantastic as ever.  So much has happened with the Occupy Des Moines movement since last I blogged that it is simply impossible to update everything in just one blog post.  However, I can say that we had a wonderful rally yesterday at the 'Religious Coalition for Suppression of Critical Thought' on the West Side of Des Moines.  Heaven and I got amazing footage of it and with any luck I might be able to edit it down within the next day or so.  That greatly depends on whether I finish a music video that I promised to some fine folks at a certain television network owned by a certain multi-media phenom who presided over her OWN show for 25 years before recently retiring (hint, hint, wink, wink).  So as soon as I finish that project - I will for sure - upload yesterday's protest.

The most noteworthy point that I must update, in my opinion, is that the Occupy the Iowa Caucuses event is scheduled for December 27-January 3 and we ARE INVITING THE WORLD to JOIN US in Des Moines, Iowa.  It is my greatest hope that we host 100,000 Occupiers from across the nation to our fine state for this never-before-attempted feat.  Keep your fingers crossed with me, dear reader - and spread the word.   

OCCUPY THE IOWA CAUCUSES IS DEVELOPING AND GAINING STEAM.  

We're in it to win it!  

JOIN US!

1 comment: