Monday, October 17, 2011

Ketchup, it's not just for burgers!

So who would have ever thought that a week's worth of activism would cause me to fall this far behind in  work and my house would look as though it's about to be filmed for Horders, Burried Alive?  It is physically exhausting to try to keep up with a round-the-clock protest and keep everything your life relatively orderly - and I'm not even one of the super-dedicated who are camping out in the park!  

So today has been my Catch-Up day.  I have spent the majority of the day trying to catch up with phone calls and e-mails and laundry and everything else that has fallen by the wayside since taking on the cause, Occupy Des Mones.  I hope to make the General Assembly meeting this evening but knowing how far behind in work I am and how much left I have yet to do before the 6:00 PM meeting and the committee meetings following, I think the movement just might have to survive just one night without me.  I shall do what I can do to make it though.  

Today is Monday.  Tuesday afternoon is a meeting with the Drake Legal Clinic Attorney for all of the folks who were arrested to get advice.  Then Wednesday at 11:00 AM there is a mass meeting at the Polk County Court House in preparation for the 1:00 PM court appearance that about half of the folks who were arrested are scheduled to attend.  Uh, yeah, I will definitely be at both of those activities since I was one of the folks who were arrested last Sunday evening.  

This is a busy week for my clients too - lots going on with work!  So I'm confident that my house will continue to look as though a stampede of Iowa Cattle came through right before I arrived from a long day of protesting.  As long as neither of the babies get lost in the rubble, I guess it is a small price to pay for justice.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment